Tokyo is a dazzling city, one filled with lights, colors and an eternal rush to get to various places. The city’s modern aesthetics is accompanied by beautiful interiors, interiors that will leave anyone in absolute awe. And how does one achieve an incredible interior design? Well, with the help of some of the most amazing interior designers in the world. In this list, we aim to bring to you the best Tokyo Interior Designers that Are Notably Stylish!
1. Aoyama Nomura Design is a high-end interior, architectural and product design company. This design firm is recognized as one of Japan’s most incredible group of designs and its team has a large amount of award-winning interiors for commercial, hotel, office, restaurant, retail, exhibition, and residential projects.
2. Arata Isozaki established his company in 1963. With more than 100 projects, Isozaki is the 49th architect and eight Japanese architects to receive the honour of winning the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
3. Atsushi Kitagaware was established in 1980, and reorganized into a corporation in 1982 in order to start full-scale works for architecture. The studio works on a wide range of design, including urban design, landscape design, sign planning, interior design and furniture design, public and private projects, as well as architectural design.
4. Bond Design Studio was established in 2011 by Ryoichi Niwata to create interior design solutions for luxury hospitality environments. Through their designs, the company aims to enhance each aspect of the guest experience.
5. Casappo & Associates was founded by the interior designer Kanji Ueki. After studying design in Italy, he moved to his hometown in 1975 and established the top design office Casappo & Associates in Tokyo. His remarkably simple yet striking design style transcends the Asian minimalist vibe most clients search for.
6. Case-Real is lead by Koichi Futatsumata. Due to his incredible design solutions in the areas of space, architecture, and furniture, Futatsumata has exhibited his work in various exhibitions in Japan and abroad.
7. Curiosity is a multidisciplinary studio based in Tokyo, created by French designer Gwenael Nicolas. They work not only with bespoke interior design projects but also with architecture and product design. The studio collaborates with a large number of companies and clients.
8. FHAMS has an incredible design team that has worked on a wide range of project types such as interior design, hotels, and retail. This company was founded by Ryotaro Ando, in 2000, and their main goal is to strive to pursue the finest quality and the most exclusive designs.
9. Hashimoto Yukio works with projects from private restaurants, offices, retail and commercial spaces, to hospitality, restaurants, and cafes. His style is timeless and harmonious yet quite minimalistic.
10. Nendo was created by Oki Sato, who was born in Toronto, Canada. He has studied architecture in Tokyo and decided to create the design studio. Nendo, meaning ‘modelling clay’, expresses his desire of having certain flexibility and the ability to reinvent oneself. The designer takes his inspiration from Japanese uncluttered style to create a language of his time.
11. Noi Shigemasa was established in 1982 and he is working to develop various creative works focusing on the design of store, furniture, and product.
12. Roito was created in 2013 by Ryohei Kanda. This is a full-service interior design company that works with commercial facility design planning, design work for restaurants and hotels, house design work centered on condominium renovation, architectural design work, and product design work.
13. Ryoki Iedokoro constantly strive to help people realize the importance of architecture through their unique and innovative designs. By combining everyday objects and new approaches they take the spaces central to their day to day lives to a completely new level.
14. SANAA, also known as the Sejima and Nishizawa and Associates, is a multiple award-winning architectural company based in Tokyo. It was founded in 1995 by architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa.
15. Shigeru Ban is a Japanese architect, known for his innovative work with paper, particularly recycled cardboard tubes used to quickly and efficiently house disaster victims. He has won several design awards since 1985.
16. Simplicity was created by Shinchiro Ogata, a well-known Japanese architect, in 1998. Ogata’s professional career led him to win a large number of awards. This interior design company wants to create the “culture of the next generation through the careful crafting of items for a quality contemporary lifestyle”.
17. Steve Leach Group team creates award-winning projects in the interior, architectural, and sustainable design that provides a fresh approach to each challenge. This company moved beyond just being the most established Interior Design Consultancy company in East Asia and increased their service offering with new expertise areas and partnerships.
18. Tadao Ando is a self-taught architect and his style was shaped by Japanese style, religion, and other cultural aspects. Ando’s architectural style is said to create a “haiku” effect, emphasizing nothingness, and empty space to represent the beauty of simplicity.
19. Takenouchi Webb was established in 2006 by a partnership between Naoko Takenouchi, a Japanese interior designer, and Marc Webb, a British architect. The studio is an integrated design firm that develops architectural and interior environments specializing in restaurant, hotel and bar projects.
20. Wilson Associates is known for creating current, iconic, must-experience spaces. This company has been innovating hospitality design for luxury and boutique brands since 1971. This renowned interior design firm offers a range of design services and speciality studios to meet clients’ needs in the ever-evolving hospitality industry.
Do you like this post? Do you want to know more about Tokyo Interior Designers that Are Notably Stylish? Let your comment below and share it on social media. Your feedback is essential to us. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram